Master Sergeant Eric Proper is a trumpet player with the United States Air Force Band of the West, where he is assigned to the Concert Band, Ceremonial Marching Band, and Dimensions in Blue Jazz Ensemble and is the non-commissioned officer in charge of the travel finance office. Sergeant Proper has studied with many fine teachers and has performed as a freelance musician all over the United States and Europe. In his spare time he enjoys riding motorcycles, target shooting, Bible study, and classic literature.
1991: Warren G. Harding High School, Warren, Ohio
1995: Bachelor of Music, Youngstown State University
2005: Airman Leadership School, Offutt AFB, Nerbraska
2008: Master of Music, University of Nebraska at Omaha
2014: Non Commissioned Officer Academy, Kapaun AB, Germany
2015: Associate of Applied Science in Music, Community College of the Air Force
1. July-September 1996, student, Basic Military Training, Lackland AFB, Texas.
2. September 1996-September 1999, Air Force Band of Liberty, Hanscom AFB, Massachusetts
3. September 1999-September 2001, Air Force Band of Flight, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
4. July 2005-January 2013, Air Force Heartland of America Band, Offutt AFB, Nebraska.
5. January 2013-January 2016, SHAPE International Band, SHAPE, Belgium.
6. January 2016 to present, Air Force Band of the West, JBSA-Lackland, Texas
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS:
Joint Service Commendation Medal
Air Force Commendation Medal with oak leaf cluster
Air Force Achievement Medal
Air Force Expeditionary Service Ribbon with Gold Border
Global War on Terrorism Expeditionary Medal
Small Arms Expert Marksmanship Ribbon
2015 Colonel Finley R. Hamilton Outstanding Military Musician Award
EFFECTIVE DATE OF PROMOTION:
Master Sergeant - 01 Oct 2017
Last updated 04 Nov 2019