TSgt Michael Mannella is currently serving as a trombonist at the USAF Band of the Pacific, Yokota Air base, Japan.
Prior to the Air Force, Michael was actively freelancing in Michigan and Texas. TSgt Mannella held positions in the Detroit Civic Orchestra, The Austin Symphony, and The Austin Lyric Opera. For his first assignment, Michael was stationed at Hanscom AFB, MA in the Band of Liberty (2005-2011). While there he had the opportunity to perform with world class artists such as Jane Monheit, Crystal Gayle, and John Pizzerelli. From 2011-2013 he was stationed in Germany and performed for various heads of state and thousands of European citizens. Michael is currently serving with the USAF Band of the Pacific, Yokota Air Base, Japan.
One of TSgt Mannellas most memorable performances in the Air Force Band occurred in Poland. The USAFE Band was in Poland performing concerts in celebration of Polands memorial day and to strengthen our countries relationship with Poland. It was a great honor to perform for the Polish president and to experience the uniting power of military music.
- 2012 Airman Leadership School
- 2017 Community College of the Air Force
- 2018 Non Commissioned Officer Academy
- Hanscom AFB, MA October 2005- June 2011
- Ramstein AB, DE June 2011-July 2013
- Joint Base Langley-Eustis, VA July 2013-October 2019
- Yokota Air Base, Japan October 2019 - Present
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
- Air Force Commendation Medal with oak leaf cluster
- Air Force Achievement Medal with two oak leaf clusters
- Air Force Good Conduct Medal, one oak leaf cluster
- Air Force Organizational Excellence
- National Defense Service Medal
- Global War on Terrorism Service Medal
- 2012 John L. Levitow Award, Ramstein Airman Leadership School
- 2017 NCO of the 3rd Quarter